Arthritis in dogs is quite common, with more than 26 percent dogs in US suffering this ailment. It’s definitely not a nice condition for the dogs, as it affects their mobility, and overall physical and mental health. Thankfully, now arthritis treatment for dogs is easily available, and many owners prefer to go the natural way.
Let’s have a close look at some of the most effective arthritis treatments for dogs.
- Heat Treatment -Winters can aggravate the condition of dogs suffering from arthritis, leading to intense pain. However, reverse is applicable when heat is applied to their joints. This can be a good arthritis treatment for dogs, and can help in reducing the irritation and pain. You can easily get hot water bottles for heat treatment from the market.
- Joint Lubricants – This is one of the most effective arthritis treatment for dogs. You should give a dog supplement containing CM8, which is a compound to promote the production of joint lubricant, and cartilage regeneration. Once these two issues have been resolved, you will see amazing improvement in the mobility of your dog.
- Dog Massage – One of the main side effects of arthritis in dogs is the seizing and stiffening of their joins. They won’t be able to move around freely due to pain. This is the reason why many dogs suffering from arthritis become subdued and lazy. A soothing massage of dogs joints may help in loosening them. However, if you’ve not done that before, you should get this done by a professional.
- Vitamin C and fish oil supplements – You should start by giving small quantities of these two dog arthritis supplements and gradually build up over time in the course of a year. Due to fish oil supplements, the joints of your dog will stay supple and well lubricated.
- You should also try to change your dog’s diet by providing him with high quality chemical free home cooked food. However, avoid tomatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes, as they can make your dog’s arthritis problem much worse.
- Gentle exercise are also helpful as it helps in keeping the joint moving, and also helps in maintaining cartilage and joints. However, this should not be overdone because too much can be bad for your dog’s joints.
By using one or more of these methods for arthritis treatment for dogs, you will see a considerable improvement in your dog’s heath and he will able to lead a pain free life.